Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Bandit|Queen
getDare Sweetheart

Default Internet Safety (Please Read)

Wasn't sure where to post this. Put it here as so many people advertise for slaves/Masters.

After talking to a load of people in chat and other friends I have become increasingly aware just how many younger people (13+) are on getdare and other chat rooms/forums. I noticed there doesn’t seem to be guidelines for how to be safe on the internet so thought I’d give a few common sense guidelines based around getdare.
  • Stick to your nick from getdare until you know the person better, sounds silly but not giving them your real name adds a safety barrier. Don't give out your Sir name. Someone could work out where you live from this.
  • Never give out your home address and keep the area you live general, no specifics.
  • If your Myspace has your address on it then don’t link it to your getdare profile. I’d advise not putting it on their anyway along with Facebook etc. This includes not sending a link of a photo from your Facebook etc, people can easily access your profile from that.
  • Don’t’ give out your phone number. If you want to call the person you can on MSN for free as well as Skype. You can just block and delete them if you need to and they won’t be able to contact you.
  • Set up a separate IM account for people you meet online. Go in the getdare chat for the first couple of times. You will soon work out if all they want is naked photos of you without having to give out contact details and it’s a safe environment to do so.
  • If you have only seen one grainy photo of the person chances are they aren’t who they say they are. Ask for a couple of face shots just to make sure. On MSN and Yahoo messenger you can do this as your display pic without having to send the photo.
  • Don’t send photos/videos of you with your face in it to anyone you haven’t known a while. You could end up with some embarrassing things being published on the internet. Nearly had that happen to me :s
  • If they won’t send any photos back even just ones of their feet or something then maybe they aren’t who they say they are.
  • Have a look at their previous getdare posts and profile. Can find out a fair bit that way. If someone just has a profile and no decent posts chances are they are trolling for people to “chat” to and not much else. These are normally the people to watch out for.
  • If anyone sends you a pm asking for naked pictures etc then either report it to a moderator or delete and don’t answer it. This is against getdare rules!
  • Under 18s are not allowed to advertise in the slave/master area, be sensible and don’t lie about your age you can get yourself into some serious trouble.
  • It’s not fair to tell someone your of legal age when you aren’t. They could get in serious trouble because of you being childish. Don’t be immature and lie about your age.
  • There will always be people who pretend to be younger than they are. It’s hard to tell sometimes when they are doing this so just be aware. You can normally tell from spelling and how someone types how old they are and again from their previous posts.
  • If you feel you are being bullied then report it. Don’t stay quiet. Cyber bullying is becoming an ever increasing problem and it can get extremely bad.
  • Always log out of your account especially when not on your own computer. Leaving yourself logged in will obviously allow people to access your whole account and spam then site.
  • If you don’t want people to find out what you get up to on getdare then don’t put your photo on your profile. Can lead to embarrassing questions etc.

Above all be sensible and use your common sense. If you aren’t sure about someone then treat them with caution. There are some great people on the internet and some weird ones too. Have fun and be safe

Love you my smooch!

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 01-10-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk