Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Hampers' Box of Juke

You're sitting in a dingy bar. You drain the dregs of the last alcoholic beverage you can afford for the night. You've got one shiny coin left. You look around for something to spend it on. There's a charity jar at the end of the bar, which you reach out for. But just beyond it you see a big flashing jukebox. You walk over and slot your coin in. Not sure what to choose, you hit RANDOM.
The discs whirr into place, and it comes up...
Rate this Entry

Gone! - The Cure

Posted 09-01-2008 at 04:28 AM by Hampers
Updated 10-28-2008 at 09:29 PM by Hampers

Alternative title:

Too Much Pressure - The Specials

Well, as most of you know, I'm in my final year of High School here in Australia, and as I approach the final two months of my secondary education, I can feel a huge amount of pressure building on me.

This is for several reasons:
  • My Marks in my second-last round of exams were quite frankly, pitiful. As such, there's a lot of work I need to be doing to bring myself up to scratch both so my school doesn't think I'm an idiot, and so I can get into the university ('college' for all you crazy Americans) that I want to.
  • Add to that the fact that I haven't really done all that much work in the past couple of months, and you'll realise like I have that I need to just bury my head and work.
  • I have only today been given the information that has lead me to realise that my team and me are in with a reasonable chance of qualifying to enter the most prestigious improvised theatre competition in my city. As such, I don't have time for any other distractions.
Bearing all of this in mind, something has to go to let me get down to work. I've been spending much more time and energy into the small volunteer job that I have on this site. [I remember spending over an hour drafting a possible policy change just for the dice dare section the day before a major music performance assessment].

So what I'm going to say is, I need to take some time off from this site. Once I finish writing this, I'm going to go and ban myself from this site until my final exam is finished. Once that date comes, I'll come running back to you all, I promise.

It's not you, it's me. If you want to contact me personally (for whatever reason. I doubt you have a real one), not in relation to the site; my email is hamper dot me at gmail dot com.

Time will fly and I'll be back soon. Be safe, have fun, and say 'yes' to life.

Lots of Love,
Hampers.
x
Posted in
Views 2031 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Look forward to seeing you back here soon hampers, hope you do well in your exams.

Have fun, and see you soon. I'll hold the fort here
  2. Old Comment
    Don't leave me Hampers *grabs your leg* Don't leave me with these cretins!

Good luck with everything, I shall await your return *waves a white hanky*

Sugar xx
  3. Old Comment
    another one bites the dust!
    Hope all goes well hampy.
    we are now short another amazing mod.
  4. Old Comment
    You better get back here soon,Aussie or you will make me =('ed.
  5. Old Comment
    Is there a disease among the greatest mods? Who is next? Depp? Bigjoe? aaaaaaaaashhhh save yourselves!!!
  6. Old Comment
    ...i shall take his place!
  7. Old Comment
    Ehem.... Hampers, my one and only infraction giver!!!
    "Good Times!"
    Cya pal from Australia!