Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #16
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by interesting View Post
I guess my point is this: there are many ways to handle story-telling. From a reader's point of view, I can relate with wanting to get the story going, and read it in one swoop. From a writer's point of view, I see benefits in all the methods portrayed here. Each story has its own demands, and as a writer myself, sometimes, it's the story that dictates how it's going to proceed, sometimes, it's the writer. It's a dialogue between author, narrator, characters and narrative, and it's exhilirating. When I start a story, I rarely know how it's going to go until I'm wrestling with it, appropriating it and making it mine. I just hope everyone can enjoy the final product, however it is produced.
It's obvious that you put a fair amount of thought into your stories which in the long run is a big win for the reader regardless of how the story is presented for public consumption. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the presentation and/or construction of each.

I also must chuckle inasmuch as I never expected this story to promote the discussion that it has. Funny how things turn out sometimes!
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 AM   #17
kitkat

Hmm... just one thing I thought I'd note as a negative for posting the whole story at once is that as fantastic as a story can be, perhaps posting it all at once could acquire less readers, per the amount of times it is bumped.

Which I guess is the reason I keep coming back to this thread. I love this story so much and think it really deserves to be read.
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
Hmm... just one thing I thought I'd note as a negative for posting the whole story at once is that as fantastic as a story can be, perhaps posting it all at once could acquire less readers, per the amount of times it is bumped.
Interesting point, however I think that the 'viewed' numbers are misleading. A story posted all at once will proabaly not attract any repeat viewers and thus the numbers might appear lower than a story that is posted in segments. Unfortunately I don't think there is a good way to count the actual number of people who read the story as compared to the repeat viewers.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Though it's been a while, I came back to read this and it continues to hold a place in my favourite stories.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #20
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Though it's been a while, I came back to read this and it continues to hold a place in my favourite stories.
Thanks for the compliment! I hadn't read this in a long while either. Glad that you enjoy it and Im flattered that you come back to read it now and again.

Liz.

Likes: Humilliation, CD, marginally risky dares, outdoor/public, self bondage, pee/diapers

HARD Limits: dangerous, perminant, feces, directly involving people/family, long dares, cutting/blood, food play/messy, nudity, pics, animals

Boring, so don't bother: wedgies, edging

Advertisements
Kink Talk