Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Post Punishments & Ideas

Old 05-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Kinshin

Default fun with candles

so I took a quick look around here and havent seen anything about playing with candles. I for one think they're fun to play with alone, or with someone else.

just imagine having your partner tied up, dripping hot wax over her breast and.... ok I'll be quiet now before I start getting too many ideas lol.

also for solo play you can tie the candle somewhere above you, light it, and perhaps cuff your hands behind your back most people after every drop will try to move out of the way, but if you're tied and cant run away, all you'll manage to do is to give the wax a fresh new place to land

just a thought
Kinshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

Please make sure you test the candles first, and check the petroleum content. Too high is tres bad.

Candles are great fun to use- I use them a lot on my subs- but they can cause severe burns that leave permanent scarring, and it s/he is in subspace they'll not be able or willing to stop you.

Mike
Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Stripperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionRoom101 View Post
Please make sure you test the candles first, and check the petroleum content. Too high is tres bad.
Mike
What is a good level for this purpose, what do you recommend.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Oreo_here
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionRoom101 View Post

Candles are great fun to use- I use them a lot on my subs- but they can cause severe burns that leave permanent scarring, and it s/he is in subspace they'll not be able or willing to stop you.

Mike

Last time I was ordered to use a candle I marked myself. I don't think I would use one again after that. Cautious of the things now!

Limits.

Don't IM me, unless I know you and you know me (E-CREW). This covers the main chat or via Forum -PM-.

Don't talk to me unless you have a good reason.

No Cam, no Pictures, no Files will I send you, thus don't ask.

And finally! As shown above! I have a Master so no IM's with 'I R UR MASTER RAWR!'. Auto ignore with anything of the sort.

[SIZE="3"][B]
RULE FIVE PWNS! Oh, and don't make me threaten you with RULE TWO!
Oreo_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo_here View Post
Last time I was ordered to use a candle I marked myself. I don't think I would use one again after that. Cautious of the things now!
Yea candles can leave marks that is why it is so important to use the right ones, like tensionroom101 already said.
There are 3 things that will determine the temperature, the colour, the material they are made of and the distance from the candle to your skin. For colours the rule is simple, bright colours will be colder than dark colours as they will "store" less of the heat. This means a white candle will always be less hot than a red or even black candle (same material) For materials there are basically paraffin, stearin and beeswax (and some others but they are not used that often). Basically you can say that paraffin is the coldest wax that will not leave any real marks, stearin is hotter and can burn the skin you should not use stearin candles as long as you don't know what you are doing and even then be careful. The Hottest wax is beeswax, it is way to hot and will leave marks, never use beeswax for wax play!
So for beginners i would recommend to get white (!) paraffin candles like tea lights (look at the label and check the prize as paraffin candles are the cheapest candles you can get). The wax will have a stinging effect but it wont harm you even if you use it at a close distance.

Tip for the masters: Test the candle by dripping 1-2 drops on yourself (if posible)
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
Kinshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yea candles can leave marks that is why it is so important to use the right ones, like tensionroom101 already said.
There are 3 things that will determine the temperature, the colour, the material they are made of and the distance from the candle to your skin. For colours the rule is simple, bright colours will be colder than dark colours as they will "store" less of the heat. This means a white candle will always be less hot than a red or even black candle (same material) For materials there are basically paraffin, stearin and beeswax (and some others but they are not used that often). Basically you can say that paraffin is the coldest wax that will not leave any real marks, stearin is hotter and can burn the skin you should not use stearin candles as long as you don't know what you are doing and even then be careful. The Hottest wax is beeswax, it is way to hot and will leave marks, never use beeswax for wax play!
So for beginners i would recommend to get white (!) paraffin candles like tea lights (look at the label and check the prize as paraffin candles are the cheapest candles you can get). The wax will have a stinging effect but it wont harm you even if you use it at a close distance.

Tip for the masters: Test the candle by dripping 1-2 drops on yourself (if posible)
good info thanks.. I've always been curious about all the differences just never took the time to actually study them... I know that beeswax is very hot burning... just didnt know about the others

once you find the candle that best suits you... they really are alot of fun atleast thats just my .02c
Kinshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 AM   #7
Swisstony
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to Swisstony

By myself is great. Doggy style inserted and lit. And I see if I can cum before I have to put the candle out

[Throw a hedgehog under me and I will throw a porcupine under you
Swisstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
Oreo_here
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post

No wonder then! I used either red or Black. Think it was red though!

Limits.

Don't IM me, unless I know you and you know me (E-CREW). This covers the main chat or via Forum -PM-.

Don't talk to me unless you have a good reason.

No Cam, no Pictures, no Files will I send you, thus don't ask.

And finally! As shown above! I have a Master so no IM's with 'I R UR MASTER RAWR!'. Auto ignore with anything of the sort.

[SIZE="3"][B]
RULE FIVE PWNS! Oh, and don't make me threaten you with RULE TWO!
Oreo_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
Night-1991
Account Banned

Normal tea light candles are a best bet, i have alot of them around the house, or buy some candles from a sex shop, they will be safe, otherwise they wouldn't of stocked em'

Where to pour the wax?, hm, for male slaves the genital area seems an obvious spot, for female slaves the clit is obvious too.

But hey, it's best to find the correct part of the body, some people get off having wax poured onto them.

And yeah, masters and mistresses should pour some of the wax on their own hand first before doing it to their slave, just to make sure it won't burn them bad.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 AM   #10
Slaveboy.

Send a message via MSN to Slaveboy.
Default exception to the rule

Speaking from my own experience in this area. Merlin's guide is more of a rule of thumb to candles. For example the first candle i ever used was red, it it felt almost pliable at room temperature (i think this factors into it also) when i used it it was the lowest temperature candle Ive ever used.
From this i got head strong and tried another white paraffin candle from the same height as the red one i used previously and got a very nasty surprise when i received a very nasty burn on my chest from it
so just adding my advice to this thread. when trying a candle for the first time always test it from the greatest possible height first and don't be an idiot like me
after this mistake i read into it a little and HIGHLY EXPERIENCED uses do use bees wax candles but as there burning temperature is feeble in comparison to paraffin DO NOT rush into this.
but besides this Ive found candles to be very fun and pleasurable and if your curious and enjoy even low amounts of pain try it out (from as high as possible then work down if this is not satisfactory) and have fun
Slaveboy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #11
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Talking

I don't know if I can candle this.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #12
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officelover View Post
I don't know if I can candle this.
The thought is not very rewaxing.

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Talking

Well wick one is it?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
lucky
Account Banned

well (sorry being in a hurry and not reading everything from above today): before testing on a slave, test on yourself. I dont know any candles leaving marks but if it is mentioned above I consider it is possible to be true. So: just test one drop on yourself and check height, temperature, before using as a punishment. Hmm birthday candles in stores seems just warm...
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #15
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officelover View Post
Well wick one is it?
This just lights my fire...

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk