Thread: Word a day
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Officelover
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Thanks, LittleRayRay. I decided that, it's not really gonna be every day, rather just every time I log in. I have a dare for everyone though: try to use the Word in your postings on getDare. I'll purposely make them words you can use here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Word is... (drumroll please)

Pygoscopia

Yes, if you see words that have the root Pyg- in them, the odds are I've gotten them from wikipedia, but dissected them on my own, thank you.

Let's dissect, shall we? As we remember from callimammapygian, pyg- means ass, basically.

Scope is like telescope, kaliedoscope (again), and microscope. Telescope means seeing far, kaliedoscope means beautiful view, and microsoipe means small seeing. So, scope- means "seeing".

Therefore, we have ass+seeing.

Well, there you have it folks- the definition of pygoscopia is: staring at someone's ass. Genius.

But, did you know, that there actually is a pygoscopophobia or the fear of someone staring at your ass. Once again, genius.

So, if someone catches you staring at their ass, and ask you what you are doing, you can say, "I was just engaging in pygoscopia."